Sunday, September 6, 2009

I guarantee the first female president will be an Emma girl.


It has been a busy weekend of training student leaders! My colleague Gemma and I took a group of 19 individuals and turned them into a team. Following that, we taught them how to lead their peers. Training topics included: team building, effective listening, first impressions, confidentiality, creativity, diversity, tolerance, educating peers, facilitating a group, homesickness, crisis intervention, self-care, and most importantly... find out her story. So vital when working with anyone--knowing where they come from and what experiences have shaped them. Last week, my department gathered, and we were asked to share our "cultural story." It was an intense topic for many of us, and so important to share at the same time. I challenge each of you to ask someone you care about his or her cultural story.

I continue to be impressed by the crowd I roll with here. These women are bold, curious, compassionate, creative, seekers. It is fun to share a castle with them.

I am about to fall into bed, but before I do, I want to share a video that you will love. It will remind you that no matter our cultural story, we are all connected.


Goodnight.. x

No comments:

Post a Comment