Tuesday, September 29, 2009

FAME! I'm gonna live forever...



I'm sorry to say that this film was a little more lame than Fame. I know that you are really surprised by this. Being a former ballerina, I thought for sure it would at least appeal to dancers. I strolled into the theatre last night, on a rainy, misty, New York evening, looking ballerina-esque even in my normal clothes. I looked around to see that there were four others in the theatre besides me. That should've been my first indication. Anyway, to sum up the FAME experience, I will describe it like this. The acting in this film is as bad as it was in Center Stage, circa 1999. With a little High School Musical thrown in for good measure.

However, what has come from my brush with FAME, is that I am now back in the dance studio. I went over the other day, just to reacquaint myself with the barre, and today I start back in ballet class. I still feel at home in the dance studio, which is how I know I belong in one. I am fortunate enough to have the biggest, brightest studio imaginable to use any time.

I cannot, in good conscience, recommend that you see this film. But I do recommend you download Naturi Naughton's rendition of "FAME" and play it in the morning when you get out of bed. The song is hot, and what a way to start your day.

Baby look at me
And tell me what you see
You aint seen the best of me yet
Give me time I'll make you forget the rest

x.

No comments:

Post a Comment