Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Welcome President Obama!



Monday was an incredible day in Troy, New York. This day, we would line the streets to welcome the President of the United States. That is correct--President Obama actually came to my little town of Troy and spoke at Hudson Valley Community College. For my Modesto crew-- that would be like Obama showing up at MJC to give a talk. The energy in this town was amazing, and everyone was abuzz. The President spoke on clean energy, health care, education, and basic research. For more on President Obama's speech, click here http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hD03sMpMBLESf1hOl78LOnLV63xQD9ARR6082 Moreover, click on the photo to see it enlarged. You can actually see him in the car! I wish I could take credit for snapping this shot, but it was taken by the woman standing next to me.

After welcoming President Obama to my town and watchng him that night on Letterman (he was very funny, by the way) I felt hugely patriotic. And I liked it. I don't think we take enough time to be patriotic in this country. I sent President Obama a tweet that evening to thank him for his visit. Is it poor form to tweet the President?

No comments:

Post a Comment