Friday, August 14, 2009

Sex and the City 2 Audition!



Just like any actress/model would, I got out of bed at 5:15 AM to prepare for the day ahead. Becca and I would soon be off to our New York audition for a role in the upcoming film, Sex and the City 2. The part(s) we were auditioning for: fashion model, celebrity type, or upscale socialite. To get myself ready, I tweeted with Tyra, had a shower, and practiced my model walk. Stomping an imaginary runway if you will. My background music.. "Walk This Way."

As any model would, I went to a different location for hair, makeup, and wardrobe. I arrived at Becca's house and got ready there. She outfitted me in a cream colored Grecian style dress, that ties over one shoulder, with a black wrap around belt. Becca and I did our hair and makeup together in her bathroom, and I realized how much fun it is to share the mirror with someone. Becca is so much my little sis, and that felt like a very sisterly thing to do, sharing the mirror.

Becca and I arrived in Manhattan and headed straight for the Metropolitan Pavilion, which is where the casting call was happening. As we approached 18th Street, we were not surprised to see thousands of people lining the block. It was an amazing scene. There were those auditioning for the film (model, socialite, celeb, wannabe carrie bradshaw, fabulous looking gay guys, urban club goers, etc.) and then there were people lining the block just to watch this madness. Construction workers, fire men, photographers, and best of all... camera crews! I guess this would be a good time to tell you that Becca and I made it on to Access Hollywood! Oh yes... how right is that... Becca and I end up on the same celebrity news page as Katie Holmes, Sarah Jessica, and all of the other It girls. It is sooooo right! One trip to New York, and I am already sharing a screen with Sarah Jessica! Are you ready to watch? Ok, look for us after the reporter says, "thousands of ladies and gents in their city chic best..." I am on the left, and Becca is beside me. Click the link to view video. http://www.accesshollywood.com/sex-and-the-city

It was an interesting dynamic between all who were there. On the one hand, we all showed up, head shot in hand, competing in dress, attitude, and style. On the other hand, there was a strange camaraderie between us. Thousands of people, completely different from one another, gathering in one place to pay homage to Carrie Bradshaw. We all wanted to be part of it, part of the next (and potentially last) movie made with Carrie, Charlotte, Samantha, and Miranda. And Mr. Big-- let's just be honest. No sign of him at the audition. I kept an eye out for his town car.

After a long wait outside and in... we at last made it to the casting agents. There were four, and four photographers. Becca pulled us over to line # 2 as she said that is her lucky number. Becca went first, then me. I handed over my details and head shot, took my place on the "X" and got ready to start posing. "click, flash, picture perfect beautiful..." Hands on hips, shoulders in, good side toward the camera, ok, I'm ready. "Can you please face the camera," the photographer says unamused by the posing knowledge I've received from watching years of America's Next Top Model. I face the camera, give my best model pout, and the bulb flashes. "Next," she says.

Just one photo? After all that time... you are not even going to let me stomp a runway or anything..?! Not even 20 frames, or ten, or even five? Just one. Hope it was fierce. Becca and I agreed that why on earth would they need more than one photo of either of us. We totally worked it out, and one will be all that is needed. "Worked it out" is model speak for aced it, in the bag, totally got it.

If we are cast in the film, we will receive a call just a few days before they shoot our scene. So we wont know for a while what the outcome will be. I expect we should both be cast as we had some serious style going on. No matter the outcome, we will always be a part of this movie because we came to New York, joined the thousands, and went for it. That alone makes us part of history.

2 comments:

  1. You absolutely made it onto Access Hollywood! I love your glam look and am so jealous of this experience. There is no Sex in My City!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun! I love how well you describe your experience. Seeing as I am now an old married woman with a kid, I love being able to live vicariously through you. :) I hope you get a part, it would be fantastic to be able to say, "Look, that's J.H., we were best friends growing up!" Can't wait 'til we can reconnect in person. Love you!

    ReplyDelete