Saturday, August 1, 2009

A Life Of Style And Purpose


When I think of my life within the context of style and purpose, suddenly it all makes sense. The woman I am. One who possesses an eye for beauty and an attention to detail. One who is both a seeker and a mentor. A fervent observer and steadfast communicator. A woman of print for sure. Upon careful examination, I realize that it is my requisite for style and purpose that has driven my life, and will continue to do so.

I have given a great deal of thought lately to my personal and professional ambitions. Having said that, the one thing I know more than anything else, is that I am a writer. I have spent much of my summer immersed in the written word. Reading the news, researching my favorite authors, and those with a similar writing voice. Following the blogs of great writers and starting my own. I have also joined the Twitterverse and am now able to connect with authors, editors, publishers, and literary agents via one simple tweet.

This week I had a meeting with author Liz Funk, who wrote, Supergirls Speak Out: Inside the Secret Crisis of Overachieving Girls. She talked with me about her inspiration for the book, what her readers get to learn about her through her work, the process of freelance writing as well as getting an agent and a book deal. Liz provided me with a wealth of information, and the most important piece I took away was this: write what you know.

That is just what I am going to do. For the next year, I am going to chronicle my experiences having to do with A Life Of Style And Purpose, and invite you follow me as I do it. I will show you every success, every failure, every crazy idea I intend to chase for a story. And when I am finished, I am going turn this blog into a best seller. Get ready world--you will be seeing my name in print.

My first assignment, which can be filed under style rather than purpose, will be the following:

An audition this Tuesday for a part in the upcoming film, Sex And The City 2. There is an open casting call in New York City, and I am going to audition for the role of: fashion model, celebrity type, or upscale socialite. You will not want to miss next week's blog where I give you a detailed account of this experience. How I prepared, who was there, and what everyone was wearing. The casting notice specifically requests that all who attend should show up looking "sex and the city fabulous." This open audition has been publicized in over 90 online articles in two days. Therefore, one can expect a crowd that is going to rival American Idol and Top Model auditions combined. And I will be there, in the thick of it, with my partner in crime and fellow fashionista Rebecca Endryck, to observe all of the madness. Log on to
http://www.alifeofstyleandpurpose.blogspot.com/ next week to read my full account of what it is like to be one audition away from a role in the hottest movie on the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment